Monday, February 21, 2011

Things are shaping up (me included!)

Well after a less than perfect weekend I had quite a lovely Monday. My darling husband came home from work last night and proceeded to tell me how terribly sorry he was for his behavior this weekend. My immediate reaction was to imitate the finest butter and I melted promptly into his arms. I had a little cry and we have officially decided to never argue again. Why do I have this funny feeling that this is akin to the 'I am never drinking again' prophecy??

Anywoo, onto bigger (or smaller!) and better things. ME! Yes, I was down 2 marvelous pounds at weigh in today. Holla! I was pretty excited about that and thinking that my hard work this week paid off. I resisted a lot of tempation and I am pleased as punch that it has paid off for me today on the scale.

Tonight will be low key as my life consists only of such dull mundane evenings lately. I am, however, working up a fairly decent sweat tonight. No, not from exercising or other fun things that married women do to get a little sweaty, le sigh. I am simply in my living room, on the couch, dying of heat. It's February 21st in our lovely town of Sugar Land, Texas and is approx. 25 degrees celcius outside right now. Our house is a balmy 81 F with about 100% humidity which, although wonderous for the skin, makes relaxing a wee bit uncomfortable. The Canadian in me absolutley refuses to turn on the A/C for some fundamental reason. It's February for goodness sakes!

Anyway,  I am thinking of starting to post my food journals each night with my blog posts. What do you think? Interested, not at all? Spill it! (Ok, so really I just want to see my first comment to reassure myself that I am not doing this thing totally in vain and that at least one lovely reader enjoys my daily ramblings...)

B - Yogurt and Fibre 1. (I found and AWESOME yogurt at Kroeger that's called CarbMaster and is only 2 points! It's quite a big container and sooo creamy. I am in love for sure. Today's flavour was Strawberry Daquiri. Yeah!)
S - Banana
L - Leftover pork stirfry followed promptly by a package of 100 calorie fudge dipped pretzels. Yeah, they taste as good as they sound.
S - Carrots and onion dip made with ff sour cream and onion soup mix. Seriously addicted to this stuff.
D - Homemade burger on sandwich thin with cheese, cucumber slices with ff ranch dressing as dip.

Well, here's to another week on track!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on another 2 lbs woman!! Your food diary sounds soooo good. Isn't it amazing that when you get to eat stuff like chocolate dipped pretzels, you can still lose weight? Keep it up!! PS I'm freezing here in Ottawa!

    ReplyDelete